2nd April 2020
Milano, 31th March 2020, The Covid-19 field Hospital built inside Halls 1 and 2 of Portello Fiera Milano is ready. The President of Regione Lombardia Attilio Fontana, the President of Fiera Milano Foundation Enrico Pazzali, Gerardo Solaro del Borgo delegate of Guido Bertolaso and the General Director of The Polyclinic of Milan Ezio Belleri were present for the opening.
Phase one of the project was built in 10 days. The completion of the first four modules provides 53 patient beds. Another seven modules for 104 beds are still under construction. Once complete, the facility will hold a total of 205 beds.
Phase 1 includes 56 doctors, anaesthesiologists and resuscitators, 130 nurses, and an additional 60 support staff. Once all phases are complete (estimated for the end of April), the facility will be overseen by 216 doctors, 510 nurses and 180 support staff. The design and construction of the facility included 104 companies, 800 designers and construction workers and 40 CISOM volunteers. Donations received amount to €21.153 million collected by 1.560 donors.
Among the key executive figures, immensely proud to be involved, there is GAe Engineering, together with Aria Spa, Lombardy Infrastructures, Polyclinic of Milan, Fiera Milano Foundation, Consultant Designer of Bertolaso’s Staff, CISOM Order of Malta and other designers appointed by Fiera Milano.
GAe Engineering has provided their services pro bono. Our personnel have been responsible for the following:
– Construction site safe and security surveillance;
– Assistance to complete the necessary documentation following the art. 4 of D.L. 17/03/2020;
– Development of the fire strategy and preparation of the risk assessment document;
– General coordination of activities;
– Adaptation and integration of the hospital safety signage given the existing signage present in the Hall;
– Drafting the Emergency Plan and SGSA;
– Training the hospital personnel