New Polo Culturale (Cultural Centre) and Museo del Novecento.
Located in downtown Mestre, the project envisages the construction of:
- Museo del Novecento, dedicated to the great social, economic, urban, environmental and cultural changes of the 20th century;
- a multifunctional exhibition space, which will host temporary exhibitions, training and educational activities, social events;
- an Auditorium for meetings, conventions, showing and other community events;
- one Multimedia library-Archive of the 20th century, where guests can find videos, audio-visual recordings, radio and sound materials, photographic and text-based archives in electronic format;
- several public services: bar-café, restaurant, library;
- equipped green areas.
Fire safety engineering for the purpose of the declaration of compliance.
The project has encompassed two different and specific sectors, constituted by one new building, intended for Museum venue, and one valuable historical and artistic building intended for commercial activities. The peculiarity of the latter consists of the need to preserve the existing wooden structure together with the architectural need for a covering, by realizing the inner courtyard in one single compartment. Subsequently, the derogation proceedings for the public use of the meeting room inside the building intended for museum venue took place.
Sauerbruch Hutton International GMBH – Favero & Milan – GAE Engineering srl Ing. .G. Amaro – H.E.G. – Studio Tecnico G. Destefani